-melancholics.dialogue-

"when thinking makes me human..."

About The Blog

An abrupt blog all about my melancholy and experiences. It's an avenue where I share my thoughts and opinions over something or just share about updates with my own life. Enjoy reading!

Got something to say?

Please feel free to write on my shoutbox or comment on my posts to react or agree with what I'm saying. Thank you!

Dumaguete - Next Wave City in the South


Does Dumaguete really have what it takes to be one of the "next wave" cities in the Philippines?

“Next-wave” cities are those which have the infrastructure to host outsourcing centers as well as a capable labor pool and a proper business environment. Simply put, it means these places has the potential of hosting call centers and other IT industries which is booming in the country.

According to Philippines Today website, GMA is banking on these places as potential to attract business process outsourcing companies. The excerpt on the site says -

"The 24 “next-wave” centers are: Tuguegarao, Baguio, Dagupan, Urdaneta, Cabanatuan, Clark, San Fernando in Pampanga, Subic, Cainta, Bacoor, Sta. Rosa, Lipa, Batangas City, Camarines Sur, Legazpi, Iloilo, Bacolod, Dumaguete, Cebu, Leyte, Cagayan de Oro, Davao and General Santos."

For someone who is a commoner, I'd say yes. As I joined the 2nd meeting for the upcoming IT Expo 2008 in Dumaguete earlier this afternoon, the organizer's passions and dedication seems to be addictive so as to give extra effort in making this event a reality.

I have high hopes for this event also because it can benchmark of something good and better for the benefit of every Negresians with high hopes of hitting it big in the IT industry - and I'm thinking GLOBAL.

Hopefully, the team can create a fool proof plan to showcase such an event and basically gather a good number of sponsorships and interested crowd for the 2 days. If anyone's interested to join the expo, please contact Department of Trade and Industry here in Dumaguete for more details. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent