-melancholics.dialogue-

"when thinking makes me human..."

About The Blog

An abrupt blog all about my melancholy and experiences. It's an avenue where I share my thoughts and opinions over something or just share about updates with my own life. Enjoy reading!

Got something to say?

Please feel free to write on my shoutbox or comment on my posts to react or agree with what I'm saying. Thank you!

Being A Kuya and some other stuff

I am just exhausted and amazed about so many things today. Surely being a kuya in the group makes you exhausted from leading worship, facilitating sessions and of course, giving encouragement and counsel to many young people.

But with all these things, I find it joy about how each and every words that we share to these young people, God uses it to change their perspectives and outlook in life. And I'm always excited everytime they open up to us after we open up something personal. Like what happened this afternoon.

Our youth group gathered around to have a worship practice for tomorrow but our pastor ended up asking everyone about what they personally learned during the youth retreat which started last night and ended at 3:00pm today.

Opportunities like this usually pops up at unexpected times and yet, becoming a mentor needs to be ready at all times. After so much talk about challenges, weaknesses and grace, we gathered all boys and same with the girls and prayed for one another. You cant stop the tears from falling from the guys when I prayed for each of them much more for me to continue without taking a deep breath to control myself. Hehehe...

After much counseling ang praying, I realized that in every dillema that they have, it seems to relate to CHANGE. Although change is believed to be the only constant thing in this world, it definitely is also a hard long process that takes eternity.

Change doesn't take overnight (and it's true!) - Teens today has a lot of challenges in their lives. With these challenges is the opportunity to respond postively or negatively. And this response affects their outlook in life, much more how they respond and interact to other people. And yes, It takes time for a teen to be patient, to be honest, to say "NO" to many things in life and many more. But like any of us who has gone through that stage, changes needs effort and prayers of others because it really is hard to say "NO"!

Another lesson learned is the reality that it takes patience, grace and mercy to accept them, and accept them wholeheartedly as WHO THEY ARE. I can't imagine how these young people would think of me after they shared to me their secrets just by saying, you're not worth my time and you dont change. It will surely grieve their hearts,much more - lose their hopes.

I'm excited how GOD will start to work in their lives and much more excited on how themselves will be able to change other people because of their lives. ( Domino Effect...Yup!)

Lastly, I thank God for those people who were there for me through the years, for without them, I surely will be a fool dealing with these delicate ones. And of course, I thank the LORD of Grace, Mercy and Peace that is in my heart to listen to them and give wise counsel to what they are going through.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent