-melancholics.dialogue-

"when thinking makes me human..."

About The Blog

An abrupt blog all about my melancholy and experiences. It's an avenue where I share my thoughts and opinions over something or just share about updates with my own life. Enjoy reading!

Got something to say?

Please feel free to write on my shoutbox or comment on my posts to react or agree with what I'm saying. Thank you!

Christmas Season: A Personal Persepective

I often wonder how we view Christmas here in the Philippines. As seen on tv shows and print ads, Christmas has become a bazaar of gift giving and party and all that stuff. Although I have to admit that having all these makes Christmas more fun and exciting to at most of the time, but how do we really know the essence of Christmas in the reality of our current situations?

Christmas in the Philippines has been dubbed as one of the biggest and grandest event in the country. But with the economic blisters we are encountering, I often wonder if ever the same grandeur is felt and dubbed this season.

It was typical before to have all the Christmas lights scattered across the house in full color, having the lights turned on up to the wee hours of the night or early dawn. Wherein local parks and malls spectacle on the luxurious presentations of glittering lights at the start of the night.

Christmas before overcrowds malls and flee markets to buy gifts. I often dream about those good old days wherein I was tagged along at a local mall to buy the gifts and noche buena delights.

Forgive me for dwelling on these things...let me get back to my question earlier, how do we really know the essence of Christmas in the reality of our current situations?

Christmas is not just a season of giving but also a season of thanksgiving. Although we celebrate new year with a bang, its usually Christmas time when we celebrate all blessings the Lord has given us by uttering prayers of joy and thanks to our Creator and King.

It's a time to understand that its not because of us that what we have accomplished that matters but of how the Lord has worked through us and helped us through the tough and bad times, as well as the good and joyous ones!

Hopefully, with our economic crisis and to any of our challenges individually, we will see Christmas as a time of evaluating, reflecting and be grateful that "HE (indeed HE alone) is able to do greater things for us..." and for that, I will SAY, AMEN!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent