-melancholics.dialogue-

"when thinking makes me human..."

About The Blog

An abrupt blog all about my melancholy and experiences. It's an avenue where I share my thoughts and opinions over something or just share about updates with my own life. Enjoy reading!

Got something to say?

Please feel free to write on my shoutbox or comment on my posts to react or agree with what I'm saying. Thank you!

Words from the UNIGAMES...

I had the opportunity to watch the opening of the University Games and it was really good! Although the program is the typical opening ceremony of any games, I got something out of it!

Actually it is because of what the 2 commissioners said that made my ears listen to their talks.

First of is what Akiko Thomson, a former swimmer and currently one of the commissioners present in the opening of the 13th Philippine University Games shared about being an athlete, young and having lots of opportunity as being part of a collegiate sports. I'd say she's not just beautiful and tall, but a woman full of passion and wisdom when it comes to teenage life. A good quote from her yesterday was " You should play fairly, in life and in sports because it's the only honorable thing to do..."

Another Commissioner was present at the opening, Mr. Eric Loretizo, former Visayan Times Sports Editor and currently part of the Philippines Sports Commission shares about the importance of having AIM in life -

Aspire for Excellence
Inspire Others
Motivate Others

Well, I was once a sports enthusiast and I'd say that sports really develops not just the physical in us but the discipline of daily living. It was still the opening ceremony and I'm interested more to see who wins this year for some particular sports I have my eyes on.

Catch you at the UNIGAMES!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent