-melancholics.dialogue-

"when thinking makes me human..."

About The Blog

An abrupt blog all about my melancholy and experiences. It's an avenue where I share my thoughts and opinions over something or just share about updates with my own life. Enjoy reading!

Got something to say?

Please feel free to write on my shoutbox or comment on my posts to react or agree with what I'm saying. Thank you!

Fiesta and CopyCats!

It's Tuesday and I have no work! (hopefully!)

It's fiesta time here in Dumaguete and people are busy buzzing either cooking or looking for a place to be full. And yes folks, good thing for those working in call centers wherein they get to be awake till lunchtime for the "chibugan" sessions somewhere out there. And of course, those who are enjoying the local holiday!

I was wondering what other activities aside from "eating" that can be exciting and interesting during fiesta time...hhhmmm, What else can I do over a day of no work and in a fiesta?

Well, to start off, I decided to wake up early and have some wifi time in McDonald's, and was a little bit shock seeing a new construction at the side of BPI for a new Jollibee Outlet. Pinoy nga naman....

I am no business tycoon or something but in my opinion, having 3 Jollibee stores in a little city called Dumaguete can be too much. The Jollibee Perdices branch is 5 minutes away from the Cathedral church. And not to mention, it's just Sundays when this particular area be full with a lot of people. For other days, I'd say less than a handfull will be in this area.

And not to mention, McDonald's is also nearby wherein the market can be divided, not to mention a local resto - HiWay 10 is on the next block. Whew. ( I promise to take a pic on these 3 later on today,hopefully...)

On another note, Filipinos has this tendency to compete (whether upfront or other way), that makes me wonder where they got it? I often wonder why in one block, there are 6 sari-sari stores, in one street, 3 barber shops and 2 beauty salons and of course, wherein 5 "carinderias" are lined-up somewhere in between.

As a Filipino, it makes me ashame to say that "a lot are copycats..." and the uniqueness of the Filipino spirit is deprived from our need rather than being a trend setter. And I finally realized what the owner of the email from PinoyGuyGuide when he commented on our way of copying things. Grrr... Too bad!

Just another early melancholy...hehehehe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent